Seasoned cous cous with red onion and black pepper.
- 300g dried cous cous
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 large red onion (finely chopped)
- Chicken stock cube
- 2 large cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 3tsp Arabian Nights blend
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and add the finely chopped garlic and red onion.
- Sweat the garlic and onion until the onion softens. This usually takes between 4 to 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil a kettle of water.
- Add the dried cous cous to the pan spreading it evenly over the onions and garlic.
- Cover the cous cous in the boiling water. Make sure all of the cous cous is fully submerged in the water before adding one chicken stock cube into the pan allowing it to dissolve.
- Stir gently so that the stock has dissipated evenly.
- Turn down the heat to very low allowing the water to be absorbed by the cous cous and excess to evaporate.
- After a couple of minutes, add the Arabian Nights blend together with a pinch of salt to season.
- Turn off the heat and allow the rest of the liquid to evaporate.
- Serve alongside your favourite meat or veg
We hope you love this recipe!
Try it out, upload a picture of your creation and tag us in it!