One of our favourite dishes. Recreate this funky bowl with our amazing Korean Wok Spice
- 2 x thin beef steaks
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Korean Wok Spice blend
- 1 carrot, sliced into matchsticks
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 thumb ginger, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 x packet microwave rice
- 6-8 shitake mushrooms, finely sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp gochujang paste
- In a bowl, mix together the soy sauce and Korean Wok Spice blend. Add steaks to bowl and ensure they are full coated in the mixture.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok. Add the steaks and fry at a high heat until browned on both sides. Remove and allow to rest under tin foil.
- Fry carrots in wok for a couple of minutes. Remove and transfer to plate. Repeat with the mushrooms.
- Cook the rice as per packet instructions.
- Add a little more vegetable oil to the wok and fry the eggs till their edges are crispy and golden.
- To make the sauce, mix together the sesame oil, soy sauce and gochujang paste in a small bowl.
- Assemble the bibimbap in bowls; slice the steak into strips and place on top of the rice. Add carrots, ginger, mushrooms and spring onions to the bowl before topping with a cripsy fried egg, drizzle of the gochugang sauce and sesame seeds to garnish.
Substitutes & Suggestions
- Gochujang paste can be found in Waitrose or try the World Foods aisle in your local supermarket.
- Gochujang paste can be substituted for Sriracha.
- Beef can be substituted for tofu, marinate in same manner and fry till crispy.
Korean Wok Spice£4.75
Recipe prepared for Peak Blends by Rebecca Cooks
This recipe was prepared for Peak Blends by Rebecca Cooks. Check out her blog for amazing recipes here…