Is there a better way to spend a lazy afternoon?
Makes 12 good sized cupcakes
- 125g self raising flour
- 125g caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 125g soft unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp PEAK GINGERBREAD COOKIE SPICE
- 200g soft butter
- 400g Icing sugar
- 3 tsp PEAK GINGERBREAD COOKIE SPICE
- Heat oven to 180C/ 160C fan and fill a cupcake tray with cases.
- Use an electric whisk to beat 125g softened butter and 125g caster sugar together until fluffy, then whisk in 2 large eggs thoroughly, one at a time.
- Add 2 tsp of PEAK Gingerbread Cooke Spice, the vanilla extract, milk, bicarbonate of soda and self-raising flour. Whisk until just they are evenly mixed and then spoon into the cases.
- Bake for approx 15 mins or until they are golden (to check if they are done, stick a skewer in and ensure it comes out clean). Leave them to cool.
- Now for the best bit, the buttercream! Whisk 200g butter until super soft then add 400g icing sugar and the 3 tsp of PEAK Gingerbread Cooke Spice.
- Whisk until smooth (start slow and try not to be covered an icing sugar cloud!) Whisk in 2 tbsp milk.
- When your mixture is smooth, pipe onto your cooled cupcakes. Garnish with gingerbread or other festive treats – How about dusting them with an icing sugar snowfall?