Incredible Jerk Chicken recipe full of heat, flavour and fresh ingredients. A show stopper.
- 750g Chicken Drumsticks
- 5 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 3 green chillies, deseeded if you prefer less heat 4 garlic cloves
- Thumb of ginger, roughly chopped
- 1 ⁄ 2 white onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Peak Blends Jamaican Jerk
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp ground all spice
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
Hot & Fruity Slaw
- 1 ⁄ 2 white cabbage
- 1 ⁄ 2 red cabbage
- 1 ⁄ 2 red onion
- 150g mango
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced finely
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 50ml cider vinegar
- 50ml olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Zest of one lime
- Sliced spring onion
- In a food processor, blend together the Jamaican Jerk all of the marinade ingredients in a food processor till you have smooth paste.
2. Place drumsticks in a large oven dish and make a few slashes in the skin with a sharp knife.
3. Cover chicken drumsticks with marinade and ensure well coated before leaving to marinate in the fridge overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 180° C/ Gas Mark 4. Cook chicken for 45 minutes till tender and juices run clear.
5. To make the coleslaw; remove the tough cabbage cores and using a mandolin, finely shred the leaves.
6. Finely slice the red onion, red chilli and mango. Add the cabbage, onion, mango and chilli to a mixing bowl and set aside.
7. To make the dressing, whisk together the mustard, sugar, oil, vinegar and pinch of salt/pepper. Add dressing to shredded vegetables and mix well.
Recipe prepared for Peak Blends by Rebecca Cooks
This recipe was prepared for Peak Blends by Rebecca Cooks. Check out her blog for amazing recipes here…