Beautiful vegetarian recipe. Fresh ingredients, delicious pasta and our Mob Secret Blend for the finishing touch.
- 1 aubergine, cubed
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 x 400g tine chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp Peak Blends Mob Secret Blend
- 1 tsp capers
- Handful kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- Bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Handful pinenuts, toasted
- 150g pappardelle
1. Heat oven to 180° C/ Gas Mark 4. Taking an oven proof dish, toss the aubergine cubes in 1 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tsp of Mob Secret Blend. Roast in oven for 20 minutes.
2. In a large saucepan, heat 1tbsp olive oil and sauté the celery and red onion on a medium heat till soft. Add the garlic, oregano and 1 tsp Mob Secret Blend and continue stirring for 5 minutes.
3. To the pan, add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, roasted aubergine, 50ml water and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add the chopped Kalamata olives, capers and check the seasoning.
5. Cook the pappardelle as per the packet instructions and remember to reserve a small cup of the cooking water before draining. (Tip: the starchy cooking water helps to loosen sauces).
6. Add the pasta to the caponata stew, adding a little of the cooking water if you need to loosen the sauce. Stir through the chopped parsley and toasted pine nuts before serving.
Substitutes & Suggestions
- Aubergine can be substituted for red peppers if you prefer.
- Omit the pine nuts if you suffer from a nut allergy.
- Serve with warm ciabatta and a crisp green salad.
Don Secret Blend£4.75
Recipe prepared for Peak Blends by Rebecca Cooks
This recipe was prepared for Peak Blends by Rebecca Cooks. Check out her blog for amazing recipes here…