Sumptuous Chicken Tinga Tacos made with our El Bandito blend and Chipotle chillies. From the Puebla region of Mexico.
- 600g chicken thighs
- 2 medium dried chipotle chillies
- 1 medium onion: 1 ⁄ 2 onion left whole, 1 ⁄ 2 onion finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, whole
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp dried Mexican oregano
- 1 tbsp Peak Blends El Bandito
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 10 corn tortillas
- 2 limes, quartered
- Feta, crumbled
- Coriander, chopped
1. Soak the chipotle chillies in boiling water for around 15 minutes until soft. Drain and when cool, roughly chop.
2. Place the chicken thighs in a large heavy based pot and enough water to just cover the meat. Add the whole halved onion, bay leaves, whole garlic and season generously with salt. Bring to boil and then turn down to simmer till meat is cooked through; 30 minutes.
3. Drain the chicken, discard the cooking liquid and shred the meat with two forks.
4. In a clean pot, heat vegetable oil and add the sliced onion. Cook till soft and then add the minced garlic.
5. Add the dried oregano and the Peak Blends El Bandito spice blend to the onions and mix well.
6. To the pan, add the tinned tomatoes and bring to a simmer for 20 minutes. Add the shredded chicken thighs, chopped coriander and heat until the meat is warmed.
7. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt to your preference.
8. To serve, serve Puebla Chicken Tinga on warmed corn tortillas with crumbled feta, coriander and chopped coriander.
We hope you love this recipe!
Try it out, upload a picture of your creation and tag us in it!
Recipe prepared for Peak Blends by Rebecca Cooks
This recipe was prepared for Peak Blends by Rebecca Cooks. Check out her blog for amazing recipes here…